Whatever your age, you are a caregiver if you provide care that helps a person who is frail, elderly or disabled.
The Caregiver Support Group at St. Andrew and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is co-sponsored by Catholic Social Service of Southwest Ohio. Caregivers meet the first Tuesday of the month, 7 – 8:30 p.m. in the Church basement. Anyone from the community is welcome to attend. The purpose of the meetings and the group is:
- To help caregivers learn to take care of themselves and to know that they are not alone.
- Provide opportunities to express feelings in a supportive, non-threatening and non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Provide understanding of normal aging as well as abnormal changes that need attention.
- Share what works and what doesn’t work in care giving.
- Improve the quality of relationships of caregivers and care-receivers.
- Provide timely, practical education on the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of care giving.
For more information, please contact Marcy Schutte 513- 831-1516 or Mary Schutte 248-1055.